The Weekend Paper - November 29, 2014

Photo courtesy centives.net

I started The Weekend Paper last week, when I needed to unload a bunch of thoughts. You know the feeling? That one you get when you need to be creative and just get something out of your cramped, shriveled up brain. 

My brain was cramping last weekend, and it's as though I've gone to a brain spa and released all that tension. Luckily, I still had more stuff bottled up in there, so I've got plenty to say this week. 

I really didn't mean for that analogy to become so sexual. But it's me we're dealing with here, so I suppose that's inevitable. 

Anyway, here's the rundown of this week's topics:

  • Far Cry 4 rewards the player even when they make mistakes. My video this week is a perfect example. 
  • It can be difficult to keep track of all the games coming to the current-gen systems - which are exclusives and which are cross platform? I created a few Venn diagrams to precisely convey that information for you.
  • Jurassic World looks pretty cool, but I can't help but notice the similarities to one of my other favorite animal survival movies - Deep Blue Sea. Viewing each film's trailer back to back really illustrates my point.
  • I finally got a chance to play Axiom Verge this week. I was impressed with what I saw, so I wrote about it.
  • I don't actually like parades. I can't stand them, honestly. So it's weird that I decided to research the history of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and learned that it's not actually the first of its kind.
Come back next week for more. And have a great weekend. Happy Thanksgiving!

Cheers!

Daniel

Comments