Video: Far Cry 4 Mayhem

The other day, I found myself roaming around Kyrat - the Himalayan paradise of Far Cry 4 - when I decided to take a cruise down the river to see where it ended up. Well, it ended up at a giant, glistening waterfall, abutted by a massive cliff. I climbed the cliff and found a beautiful shrine overlooking the entirety of the southern Kyrat valley. 

I sat there, at the highest point that I could reach, watching the fog rise off of the outposts and bell towers. There I was - no fighting, no animals to hunt, no gunshots in the distance - just peace. 

It was a moment of serenity in a game where it seems the only way to interact with the world is through violence. Not here though, not in this little corner of the world that the combat designer forgot to touch. 

But this video isn't about the quiet moments of Far Cry 4. This video is about the insane, unpredictable and memorable chaos that makes Far Cry more than just another shooter. Enjoy the video and let me know if you're playing Far Cry. I'd love to hear your stories as well. 


Comments